Sharpen your career in Business Management
At UNIABIDJAN, you have the opportunity to complete the NCC Education Level 7 Diploma in Business Management (L7DBM) which is an Ofqual regulated (British) qualification that will help you understand and apply up to date management theory and practice in the fields of marketing, information strategy, project management, finance, leadership and entrepreneurship.
The Masters Programme (Level 7 Diploma Business Management) qualification has been created for graduates or experienced managers.
Students will attend face-to-face classes with us at UNIABIDJAN. Our blended route offers the best of both worlds, with a mix of face-to-face teaching at UNIABIDJAN and online learning via NCC Education Virtual Learning Environment.
What do you want to study?
1. Professional unit certificate
- Choose 1 from 8 units
- Short and focused
- Master a specialism
- 20 credits
2. Diploma in Business Management (L7DBM)
- Choose 6 out of 8 units
- Study at your own pace
- Progress your career in management
- 120 credits
3. Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Advanced entry from L7DBM
- Choice of UK universities
- Expert supervision, distance learning
- 60 credit top-up
For entry onto the Master’s Degree Level (NCC Education Level 7 Diploma in Business Management) qualification, students must meet one of the following requirements:
1. Academic Requirement:
• An honours degree in a relevant subject area or an equivalent award from a recognised university.
2. Combined Requirements:
• An honours degree in a non-relevant subject area or an equivalent award from a recognised university, together with two years’ management experience in a relevant area.
3. Managerial Experience Requirement:
• Five years’ managerial experience in a relevant industry or area.
• An IELTS score of 6.5 or above for students who do not hold a degree-level qualification wholly taught and examined in English.
1) Where students entering through the ‘Academic Requirement’ have no work experience and will not be able to gain work experience during their studies, UNIABIDJAN as an Accredited Partner of the NCC Education UK will make a careful evaluation of the students suitability for this qualification. This may require an interview with the prospective student.
2) Where students wish to apply with a qualification which UNIABIDJAN believes may allow entry onto the Master’s Degree Level (L7DBM), but is not explicitly covered in the criteria above, a prior confirmation is made with NCC Education UK for the student’s registration.
3) Students entering via the Combined Requirements who are most likely to succeed will be able to demonstrate a management role and/or significant responsibility for resources (including staff, financial, physical etc.) within their prior work experience. Where students are unable to demonstrate this (for example where they need to gain the Master’s Degree Level (L7DBM) qualification in order to apply for a management role), they may still be admitted but UNIABIDJAN will make a careful evaluation of the student’s suitability for this qualification. This may require an interview with the prospective student.
4) Students entering via the Work Experience Requirement who are most likely to succeed will be able to demonstrate, within their five years of related work experience, at least two years in a management role and/or with significant responsibility for resources (staff, financial, physical etc.). Where students are unable to demonstrate at least two years in a management role and/or significant responsibility for resources (for example where they need to gain the Master’s Degree Level (L7DBM) qualification in order to apply for such a management role), they may still be admitted but UNIABIDJAN will make a careful evaluation of the students suitability for this qualification. This would normally require an interview with the prospective student.
Each unit is worth 20 credits at a master’s degree level.
The NCC Education Level 7 Diploma in Business Management (L7DBM) is worth 120 credits.
Select one unit to achieve a postgraduate level unit certificate or choose six units to achieve the Level 7 Diploma in Business Management (L7DBM):
- Information Systems and Knowledge Management – Students will develop a critical understanding of the strategic roles of information and knowledge management systems in contemporary organisations together with a critical appreciation of tools, implementation approaches and appraisal methods that contribute to their successful use.
- International Marketing Strategy- Students will develop a critical understanding of international marketing strategy in the context of global operations. Students will learn to effectively satisfy the strategic objectives of organisations in domestic markets and across national borders.
- Corporate Finance and Decision Making – The purpose of this unit is to impact students’ understanding of the importance of, accountability for, and control over a business organisation’s financial resources. It will equip students with the skills necessary for sound organisational financial management at a strategic level.
- Leadership, People and Change – Students will develop a keen understanding of the modern complexities of and new thinking about how to lead successful organisations in the turmoil of today’s business environment.
- Digital Marketing and Communications – Students will develop a critical understanding of the impact of digital transformation on the formation of an organisation’s marketing strategy and communications in order to effectively implement powerful digital marketing campaigns that engage and convert the contemporary customer.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation – Students will understand that entrepreneurship is a key area of businesses. It applies to small sole traders and large corporations. The link with innovation is symbiotic and the focus of this unit on both areas highlights how enterprises grow and the benefits and risks to innovation.
- Strategic Management – Students will gain a thorough understanding of the process of strategy formation, development and implementation to improve organisational performance and create competitive advantage.
- Project Management – Students will be introduced to the discipline and profession of project management and learn transferable skills that help them succeed in a project environment.
Each unit is made up of 12 topics delivered via lectures, tutorial and/or seminars, and private study. All units are assessed by assignment only. The hours of study are:
Taught (face-to-face) and/or blended study routes (mix of both face-to-face and online) available.
Assessments for each unit/course are open-ended assignments.
Samples of assignments and mark schemes are available.
The Master’s Degree Level (NCC Education L7DBM) offered at UNIABIDJAN is recognised as a suitable entry onto the universities below for MBA and MSc top-up programmes. These are designed specifically for holders of Postgraduate Diplomas in Business or Management, allowing you to fast-track your studies to gain a full MBA/MSc award.
The University of Plymouth
- Remote study
- Expert supervision
- 60 credit dissertation
Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Distance learning
- Interactive webinars
- 20 credit research methods module & 40 credit dissertation
London Metropolitan University
- Distance learning
- The course is designed for career enhancement
- Complete two 20-credit taught modules and the 60 credit MSc Project (Distance Learning) module to gain your MSc.